Sunday 21 March 2010

The Vitality Show

Mum and I went to the Vitality Show on Friday, and despite being tired, really enjoyed the day. We got there about 10.40 am and got a floor plan then went to the loo. Then we went to the stands we wanted to go to and bought organic toiletries, lots of seed bars, which proved to be cheaper than buying from a supermarket, then got our weight and that measured. My weight and BMI were up slightly from last year but overall I was told I am fine and didn't need to lose weight, which I still would like to do. I went down a pound today from yesterday. Mum was fine too. Then we went to a talk by a woman called Janey Lee Grace, who has a slot on Radio 2, talking about natural products. I found out, after asking, that she started living holistically because she had a cancer scare which made her wonder why it happened. Then she began eating raw foods and using natural products. She talked about using lots of the old style products like olive oil and bicarb of soda, which I have been reading in magazines recently. She was nuttier than me about using natural products, and it was good to hear someone like me. I will be buying her book next week on line. After that we had lunch, then we wandered round some more, buying more food and magasines and ended up with 2 full bags each coming home. We left at 2.15pm when Mum had had enough and her arms were starting to ache with carrying a lot of things. A good day was had by both of us and I can't wait to go again next year.

Meanwhile, I have now managed to get Allie to 36,600 words, which is quite a feat since it began at just over 50,000. A way to go yet but I will get there.

Now to check on my emails.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Julie,

I'm a member of the same groups, went to add myself as a follower but you haven't added the gadget.

Kind regards, Carole

http://caroleannecarr.blogspot.com