Friday 15 August 2008

Sad and happy news

Today is a sad day for me as it is my nan's funeral. None of my family are going. My dad didn't want to go in the end probably because that in the last week he had been admitted to hospital twice, once for a mini stroke (which he believed was brought on by worry about the funeral) and the second he had a fall, and I don't think my brother would have managed to get time off work today to take us anyway. My mum phoned my aunt and wished her all the best and that we were thinking of her.

Happy news is that my quandary is over. After a phone call from a self-publishing company on Wednesday, a lot of thought contact with another Pegasus author and 2 phone calls to Pegasus themselves I have decided that even if I have to pay I will go ahead with their agreement. And I am now waiting to reeceive a contract, which I will get checked out by the Society of Authors. Apparently according to the other author, he says that in recent publishing magazines it reads that authors paying for contribution towards publication is most likely the way forward in the future. I think what made me decide to go ahead was although it is a considerable amount I have to pay, I can pay it over a period of 10 months, which to me doesn't sound too bad when you think about it like that. So watch this space, this time next year I could have a children's book in the shops. Yay!

No comments: