Sunday 4 January 2009

New Year, New Me

Happy new year to all my blog readers, esp Nell who commented on my last post. I hope everyone has a healthy year. Which brings me to my new year's resolutations. Firstly, healthwise, I want to get my health back on track this year as last year I was off work a lot sick for various reasons and want to remedy that. My first aim is to not eat anything which has any form of milk in, inc whey etc. I did last year and wonder now if that has caused my stuffiness. We shall see. I have stopped eating bananas but it's not made much difference yet.

The second resolutions are for my writing. Basically, I want to write more letters and stories for magazines, and get paid for them, and with the first book coming out this year (so excited) I want to try to be brave and get me and my name out there. I have already started by creating a new website for myself and am very excited about it because it's something I didn't think I could do and have done. I still have a bit of work to put on it but it is now out there, so come and visit me on www.julieaday.moonfruit.com. I have a health and beauty page on it and I am working in my mind that is what I want to highlight all my passions about that subject on, so watch that page. Also, any photos that I take about my writing life, will appear on there somewhere. I am getting organised and getting my name out there. Oh yes, and one last thing, I want to get my second book Allie accepted by my publisher. I have been revising hard on it as I ended up making it over 63,000 words which is far too long for the age range it's intended for, and now with revisions it's just over 60,000 words, so am doing something right.

Well, here's wishing you all a prosperous new year and fulfulled with lots of writing.

No comments: