Monday 7 December 2009

Party and rejection

The party was really good on Saturday despite getting stomach pains a couple of times, which went after a while. I chatted to several people and ate lots, then it took ages getting home on the bus. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get home, 1/2 hour more than usual. And I had to change buses as the one I was on suddenly decided to stop half way through the journey. Thankfully I didn't have to wait because my bus caught up with another one and I dashed off my one and got on the other.

I got another rejection this weekend. They liked Allie and said they felt that the topic was too young for the age range I was aiming at but would like to see it for younger children, and if I did that then I would have to cut it and might be interested in it then for their new younger imprint. I replied saying thanks but if I was to aim it at 9-12s then what word length do I need. They have replied 15-20,000 maybe 30,000 at a push. I don't know if I can do that is it might take away the essence of the story and all that I want to say to children. We shall see. Have sent a partial off to another publisher this week, so that will be 2 to wait for. Might have a look at my writing magazines for more publisher ideas to send it to in the new year.

Back to work now.

No comments: