Sunday 28 June 2009

New promo chances

I went to another library yesterday to see if they could display some of my book promo materials. The receptionist said that the woman I needed to see wasn't in but gave me her email address. I am sure she said that this woman is the Head of the Children's libraries in Bromley. Anyway, I emailed her today asking if we could meet up to chat about promoting my book. I am still waiting to hear from the other Head of Children's libraries in my borough. Left a message on her ansamachine on Friday. I also went to another Holland and Barrett's but they said I have to contact their Head Office, which I might do.

Then yesterday whilst reading my emails, I found 2 emails from the editor of Crystal, one of the small press magazines I subscribe to. She wanted me to let her know asap my news, which I did do, and wanted permission to print off my website the page about Rosie. I gave her permission. She wants to put it in the next issue of the magazine so it will be circulated. Who knows, I might get more sales from that. This gave me the idea to email the editor of the other small press magazine I subscribe to. So I emailed her with my successful news. That magazine is based in Cyprus and has a more global circulation, so who knows what can come of that. All I have to do now is sit and wait. Mum said to me why can't I let it sell on its own now. I don't want to and want to carry on promoting it for the next 2 months at least. I feel that if I do that, then Pegasus might see how serious I am about promotion and take me on again with a normal contract for Allie.

Watch this space.

No comments: