Thursday 4 February 2010

The Ball's Rolling

I have now set the ball rolling for doing library talks to children. I emailed the Head of Children's libraries on Tuesday asking if she could contact all the libraries for me, and today I decided to phone to see if she got my email. She was at lunch so I left a message for her to phone me, which she did. She is very happy to contact all the library managers in my borough with my details, and I have agreed that they can contact me directly in they are interested in hiring me. I won't get paid for any talks as they don't have the budget to do so at the moment but she did say that I could take along some of my books and sell them to any interest people at the sessions. So yay. Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for any interest libraries to phone me. I am already waiting on 2 libraries to call me back.

I am in a happy mood for my writing life. I started the first draft of Chapter 10, the final chapter, of Georgina today and once I've finished that I intend to go back to Allie and revise that to make it a lot shorter. Busy bee, that's me.

No comments: