Monday 26 November 2007

Birthday weekend celebrations

After a very busy week and a half and feeling tired out by the end of last week, I was pleased to have the weekend to celebrate my birthday (which was yesterday). As said before, Saturday morning I went to So Organic shop in Greenwich and stocked up with organic skin and beauty products for myself and spent a whole lot of money in the process. It was my birthday weekend was my excuse. I asked the lady in the shop, who founded the company, about something for stubborn eczema patches and she recommended a body cream which I'd already picked out to use as my second body cream to try. I have actually started to use calendula balm again and I thnnk it's working although early days. One thing about it is that it's got a gorgeous lemony citrusy smell to it. Another thing I bought was first aid lotion for a small lump on my arm which itches in the evening. Now that has got a strong smell, I think it's lavender I can smell. The other things that have strong lovely smells are the calm spritzer and night remedy roll-on I use in the morning before I go out and at night, both of those have lavender in and smell wonderful. I don't know if it's psychological or not but I think since I started to use the night roll-on I get to sleep easier. That was the morning and in afternoon I typed amendments to chapters 3 and 4 of Bug. In the evening my mum and I went out for a meal and enjoyed it.

Sunday, in the morning it was to Sainsbury's as usual, after I'd opened all my presents. I got a few small presents from my mum and dad, but the main present was money from my mum towards the Spa Treatment. In the afternoon I made and baked some eats to take to work tomorrow (Nigella's recipes). They didn't look much when I first made them but look great now and taste nice too. I had half of one of each thing I made earlier. Not very healthy but yummy. I rested the rest of the day.

Today my mum and I went to the Spa Hotel in the morning and had a facial and manicure each which was very nice and relaxing. After being very busy and stressed at work it was so nice to be pampered. The therapist said the same thing the Simple therapist did, that my skin is dehydrated and sensitive. She recommended that I use a gentle exfoliator every 2-3 weeks, so I might see what I can buy from So Organic. Then this afternoon I went to the dr's to get the results of the blood test I had done before. All results were fine except the cortisol one, which I was most anxious about. That was slightly raised but not enough for the dr to be convinced it was the cause of all my problems, so she has got me to book in for another test (aargh) next week to see if it's still raised, then they might do something about it if it is. I also have a verruca on my right foot so bought some gel for that. I am now relaxing and will read a bit later on.

I am back to work tomorrow to see what work has been left on my desk to sort out. The time off was nice while it lasted.

No comments: