Saturday 4 August 2012

Ebook pricing

Over the last few weeks I have read blogs about pricing ebooks, and there seems to be a bit of a hoo-ha about it.  It seems that some people think that authors should price their books higher because of all the hard work they have done for it. There is also some hoo-ha whether 'free' books are now working, esp with Amazon KDP Select.  I have now decided what price I will put on my ebooks - it all depends on the length, and this is what JA Konrath does.

Short and long short stories under 10K words = .99c (Apart from my first Angel ebook which is now free - as part of the freeway experiment that DD Scott has done. And it has worked. Slowly getting to 5000 downloads)
Anthologies/novellas from 10K to 20K words = $2.99
Novels/Boxed Sets from 20K to 30K words = $3.99
Novels over 30K words = $4.99

So, with that guideline for myself, my next Angel ebook, which is turning out to be a novella and over 10K words, will be priced at $2.99.  At some point, I might reduce it for a while.

So, how do you price your ebooks?  Let me know.

1 comment:

Heather Kilgour said...

Thanks for posting this, it could be helpful if I get round to making my app.