Saturday 7 January 2012

My goals for 2012

I have not got resolutions this year but goals. Short and long-term ones. The short-term ones are weekly and monthly, and long term is for the year. I have taken advice from the WG2E site again and have got a pad and put in two columns. One for goals and the other for done. When I have completed one goal then I tick it. Short-term goals are something like 'do 2-3 chapters of Georgina', and long-term goals are concentrate more on my indie career and attract more readers. I'm coming up to the end of week 1 of short-term goals and have done one so far - the chapters on Georgina. I did have to do next week writing about garden birds for Creature Features, but that has now changed to 'first draft of Geraldine story'. I think the monthly goal will be to finish it and try to get it sent to the editor of the publisher, my friend Eve.
My other main goals are to increase my output and write in different genres. I am currently writing for teens (my angel stories), and have plans for two romance series (one of which is with Eve). The other one I hope to start work on later, maybe next month, to enhance my indie career and attract more readers, esp adults, whom I know are the main people with Kindles and other ereaders. Eve likes the outline of the series I have sent her and is currently writing up a contract for me for these. I hope to get this sometime next week. Hurrah. So excited. 2012 is going to be the year my writing, and hopefully, my indie career will take off properly. Watch this space...

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Congratulations on your upcoming contract. Shows what determination and tenacity can do.

Rebecca Emin said...

Best of luck for 2012, it sounds like it will be an exciting year for you.

Julie Day said...

Thanks, both. Yes, an exciting year ahead for me.