Wednesday 17 January 2024

Me and food sensory

Following from my last post, I am going to mention other foods that I don't like because I feel that they taste raw to me. Thinking about potatoes made me recall these.

Avocado – I know that some people do like these, but I don't. The only time I tried one, years ago, I didn't like it because to me it tasted too raw to me. I know it is a raw food but I just don't like them.

Asparagus – Again I have tried this only once, when I was at a writers' dinner and I thought let's just try it to see what it's like. Nope. Didn't like it. Tasted of nothing to me. Maybe it has that raw feeling for me too.

Broccoli – I tried this once as well and didn't like it. Too bitty for me. I now believe that it had that raw taste to it too.

There are other raw foods that I can't eat such as apples and pears, but that is because they are high in FODMAPs which give me IBS. In other words, they are too much fibre for me. A lot of foods that they say are healthy and good for you, I can't eat because they are too much for me, namely dark green and leafy vegetables. I can eat Brussels but only a few at a time, otherwise they will give me stomach pains. I think this is a reaction against the warfarin I have. Brussels contain vitamin K, and too much of that can have an effect on the warfarin and change the INR levels (blood clotting levels). 

No comments: