Sunday 28 June 2020

Being proactive in promotional sales

One of my main writing goals this year was to promote my adult magical realism ebooks more, and I have been doing this and will be doing so again next month. The way forward is to find ways to do this that are free and can reach as many readers as you want. This is why I am taking part in the ebook distributor Smashwords' promo sale next month. I also took part in their last sale period. Did I get any sales? One, but it was one more than I had before I took part. I also had a few free purchases, which could turn into readers for me, who knows. It is why I have already set up to take part next month. I have put one of my magical realism series at a discounted price with the first ebook as free and the rest cheaper. To find out which series it is and what I have done, why not sign up for my book newsletter at  http://eepurl.com/b3zDYv

This is one of the reasons I decided to go wide with all my ebooks, and not be exclusive with Amazon. I wanted to reach as many readers as possible. It is also why I think other indie authors who are on Smashwords too, should take part in this promo sale period. Smashwords also has their own ebook store and share that on their home page.

So, if you are an indie author who has gone wide with their ebooks. Come and join the sale.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Good luck with the promotion, Julie.

Julie Day said...

Thanks, Patsy. Already had one free purchase. One new reader.