Thursday 14 November 2013

Eating dinner out with food intolerances

Continuing my series about eating with food intolerances. Last month I went out twice and had dinner out. The first time was for a social (where I met the publisher). I actually looked on the pub's website to see what they cooked for food intolerances. There was only a few things that were dairy free but I decided to try the skinny steak and chips. I didn't know what the chips were cooked in but I like steak and chips. Here is the photo of what I ate.

 
I only had slight side effects from it but nothing major like I  have had before when I've eaten a lot of chips. I didn't eat the greens in the bowl on the plate, as I can't eat those, but I did eat the cherry tomatoes.

Next was a SCBWI masterclass. We preordered from a set menu. I chose the handmade burger with chips, without a roll. I enjoyed the meal, when chips finally were served to me, but was disappointed with the service which I thought was slow esp when the burger was served without the chips, like it had been on previous classes. No side effects from that at all. I was meant to have bacon with the tomatoes below but that never came, which really was a good thing as it made the meal a bit healthier to eat.

 
So, there you have it. What I ate on two events, and how it effected me or not. I think it is a good idea that pub's have their menus on the web so people can decide what they can eat before they go there. So well done both pubs for this.

No comments: