Saturday 2 April 2011

March news

I can't believe April is here already, where did those months go that I've been out of work? Anyway I had my fair share of sucesses and rejections in March. At the beginning of the month I had letter of the month in Green Parent magazine and have still yet to receive the prize of a set of JASON toiletries. Then last Sunday I got an email from the editor of a children's ezine whom I sent a story to in Feb and hadn't heard about it. I was nearly giving up on it when I got the email to say that she was accepting it and wanted to publish it in the January 2012 issue. I shouted yes. I was so pleased. I get the contract a month before and payment goes in via Paypal 10 days after she receives the contract. I can't wait for it to go out there in public. It is the story of a boy who finds a button that looks like a clock and turns back time to make the boy see the error of his ways. It's called 'The Clock Button - The Chosen One'. I think I will write more stories about this button. The rejections were from the agent I met last year. She rejected Allie saying that although she likes it and thinks the story and Allie is stronger than before she doesn't think she can sell it within the competitive market. The other rejection was for an adult short story. I am not giving up on these two and have already sent Allie to other agents and will send the story to other magazines and see what happens. From now on I will be doing a monthly newsletter here with all my successes and failures.

No comments: