Wednesday 16 June 2021

My inspirations for the Guardian Angels series

 As part of  #IndieAuthorWeekUK I am blogging about the inspiration behind my books, starting with my teen fantasy series 'The Guardian Angels'. The first book 'The Railway Angel' came from a dream I had about a girl saving a man who planned to jump from a railway bridge. I wrote this and sent it to my editor who suggested it was better that she saved a person her own age. Danny was born. He appeared at the end of Book 1. I then thought that he could be reckless and gave him a motorbike. The Racing Angel was born. I was going to write about different angels but my editor commented it would be best to continue with Lizzie and Danny, so I decided to give them missions resulting in graduating. They would help each other preventing other teens doing stupid suicidal things. Book 3 'The Railracing Angels' came from something I read at the time about teenagers hanging on the end of trams as they went along. Book 4 also came from something I had read about young people leaping from one hotel balcony to another. Along the way I also thought that they needed someone trying to stop them from saving the other teens, and the devil was there. The last book in the series, 'The Fire Angels' came to me after the London 2011 riots, when people set fire to shops and buildings. So the series was finished. I liked writing them, as they are short reads.

You can find them all here. https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/julieday40. They are all at the eretailers too. The Railway Angel is perma free.


No comments: