Saturday 19 June 2021

If you had a second chance of living...

If you were given a second chance of living, what would you write?

As I have mentioned before, when I came out of hospital and I read children's books, which are short, that is what I wanted to write. I still do, even more so now. Why? It is something that my friend said to me the other week when I told her that I think a lot about what I went through and still can't believe I did. I knew that post surgery I had major problems health wise and to help my heart I was put in an induced coma for 3 days (I am not telling you this to horrify any of you), but what I didn't know was that I nearly died. I am lucky to still be here today and write. I feel that I have been given a second chance at living and writing.

So, I am working on building my confidence to go out again, and am writing what I love writing; children's books. I will be publishing the final book in my Rainbow School series later this year, and have started Book 2 in my new series. They all feature characters finding confidence in their lives especially having Asperger's like me.

One of my books does have a character who gets a second chance at being on Earth and helping her family. That is Book 1 of Geraldine's Gems series called 'One Good Turn'. You can find it on all eplatforms including here https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/217509

It is another reason why I am celebrating IndieAuthorWeekUK. I love being an indie author.



No comments: