One of the chapters in my last non fiction book 'The Passion Path' is all about the special interest I had in the group Spandau Ballet. I was a big fan of them in the 80s to 90s. When they split up in 1990 I had started work so didn't think any more of them from then. Until this year. I saw on FB that three members of the group had done a signing and Q&A at a venue. It made me recall that singer Tony Hadley (who was my fave member) had left them. That started a rabbit hole. I went on YouTube and saw all these videos of his performances and interviews over the years. This week I have been watching old TOTP (recall that show?) performances of SB, from their first one in 1981 to later years. I have also been watching recent videos of Tony singing in Italy and Spain where he has been touring. Talk about going back in time. Tony still has that great voice of his.
That is one of the joys of having the internet now. Back in the 80s there was no internet, so you couldn't see their performances, only if you recorded it on VHS. Now there is YouTube and people record their favourite singers on there and upload it on there.
Another way I have been going back in time is I did a podcast interview with ALLi about my writing and childhood. You can listen to it here
https://selfpublishingadvice.org/podcast-inspirational-indie-author-interview-julie-day/
Let me know what you think.
No comments:
Post a Comment